Order a wide selection of products from Haix in the ASMC Online Shop for Outdoor, Military, Security and Camping Useful information to Haix
HAiX – Tactical Shoes and Boots made in Germany
Shoemaker Xaver Haimerl founded the Haix company over 50 years ago. The company's name, Haix, is made up of the first three letters of his last and the first letter of his first name. From then on, hiking and work boots were developed and manufactured in Mainburg, Bavaria. 44 years later, master shoemaker Ewald Haimerl, son of the company founder, made it his business to develop completely new and functional fire department boots.
Beyond the borders of Germany
As a member of the Mainburg voluntary fire brigade, he and his comrades knew from personal experience how uncomfortable and impractical rubber boots were in fire department operations. The new boots should be made of Leather and his plan worked. The new fire fighting boots earned praise and recognition from his comrades and other firefighters. Shortly thereafter, Haix expanded the product range with shoes for the rescue service and the police.
Soon the Haix company was known far beyond the borders of Germany for its innovative shoes. Haix North America Inc. was founded in 2003. This subsidiary serves the US and Canadian markets. Just six years later, a high-tech production facility was built in Croatia. In the same year the new sales subsidiary Haix France was founded.
Today the Haix range includes various fire fighting boots, police and military boots, boots for the rescue services, hiking shoes and boots for hunting. Haix is constantly developing and improving its products in close cooperation with people from the target groups.
• HAIX® is the world's leading manufacturer of functional shoes for fire brigades, police, emergency services, and now increasingly also in the forest, hiking and outdoor leisure sector. Whether in Los Angeles, Moscow, Hong Kong or Mexico City - wherever firefighters are on duty, where lives are saved, where absolute reliance on footwear is required - the high-quality boots from HAIX® have become an indispensable companion.
• Practical research and creative innovations are among the immovable trademarks of the shoe specialist, founded in 1948 in Mainburg, Bavaria: When company boss Ewald Haimerl promises "developed by the fire fighter for the fire fighter", this is not just hot air, but a daily reality at HAIX®.
• With countless new developments and patents, the Bavarian global player sets global standards in terms of functionality, quality and innovation. Part of the company strategy is the expansion of development and production in Europe. Headquarters and company headquarters with administration, research, shoe development and logistics are located north of Munich.
• In 2005, the construction of a second production site began in the EU member state of Croatia. Where the big brands of the sports world once had their high-tech shoes made, the Bavarian functional shoe specialist found the workforce and the technical know-how to guarantee further professional growth in its production. In 2009 the foundation stone was laid for our own plant in Mala Subotica and a training offensive for young people was initiated at the same time. Since August 2009, up to 600 employees have been producing HAIX® functional shoes of the highest quality in one of the most modern shoe production facilities in the world. Completely new production processes, including our own sole production, demonstrate the unique high-tech competence of HAIX®.
• In 2003 HAIX® founded its own sales office in the USA. Since then, the boots of the quality functional shoe manufacturer from Bavaria have been conquering the North American and Canadian markets from Lexington / Kentucky. From Los Angeles to Washington D.C. and from Vancouver to Montreal, emergency services now rely on HAIX.
• The French HAIX® sales office in Strasbourg has been supporting the expansion on the European market since 2008.
• In 2011 the company founded HAIX Asia ltd. Based in Hong Kong, the sales office successfully supports activities on the Asian market. HAIX® employs over 800 people worldwide and manufactured around 650,000 pairs of shoes in 2013.
More information at www.haix.com